Tuesday, September 30, 2008

absolutely LEGENDARY



i am constantly under the impression that more people should be watching CBS's How I Met Your Mother, which quite simply is the best sitcom on television that has a laugh track.

Not only does Bob effing Saget provide the voice over for the main character Ted, but Neil Patrick Harris is one of the principal characters on the show. Also, this show has great potential to provide popular culture with sweet catch phrases that trumps the likes of "YOU'RE FIRED!" and "That's hot!"

I was upset by the fact that not many people I know have been watching it, so I recruited my sister into watching it, who in turn recruited her boyfriend into watching it. And recently, some of my friends have started watching it too. So at least I don't feel so lonely anymore when I say things like "LEGENDARY" or "Haaaave you met Ted?"

My favorite episode, by far, has been the Slap Bet episode in which Barney and Marshall make a bet and the wager is that the winner gets to slap the loser as hard as they possibly can.

As I said, this show has great potential to have an effect on popular culture.

I wouldn't go as far to call this show a "cult hit", but I don't know many people who watch this show despite the fact that it's currently in it's fourth season of being on the air.

Another really cool thing that show does is it draws you into the world of the show by making things that they mention actually exist. Such as the following websites that are mentioned in a couple of the episodes:

http://tedmosbyisajerk.com/
http://guyforceshiswifetodressinagarbagebagforthenextthreeyears.com/
http://marshallandlilyselltheirstuff.com/

If you haven't watched it, you probably should. That is, if you're a fan of good television and good comedy. It's awesome, legendary and you don't even have to suit up to go and watch it.


Also see the fan-blog:
http://have-you-met-ted.com/

EDIT:
My friend Amanda reminded me of another thing that makes the show so incredible. They brought back the HIGH FIVE. And not just your general high five. The specialty high fives - my favorite among them being the Freeze Frame Five. How can you go wrong with a show where the characters are giving each other high fives all the time? Answer: You can't.

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
The Nerdy Ninja Blog by Laura Nicole is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 Canada License.