Thursday, July 31, 2008

what's goin' on?

I realized that I haven't REALLY updated this in a while other than that picture I posted of The Dark Knight opening weekend (it finally calmed down last weekend, but Mama Mia continues to sell-out like every weekend for the dinner-time rush).

So, the reason I haven't updated in a while is due to several reasons which essentially boil down to the fact that not much has been going on. In fact, I'm kind of bored. And by "kind of" I mean very.

I WANT SCHOOL TO START AGAIN!!!

Though today (yesterday, actually, since it's 1 A.M.) was an exception because I went for sushi with Jen and Laura (!!!!) and then played Scrabble at Jen's house before going to the pub for drinks (the photo in this post was taken at the pub. I was illustrating the philosophy of putting stuff on your head. I wasn't really that drunk). I had so much fun.

The rest of the day prior to the sushi I was drawing. I had kind of fallen out of the habit of drawing every day and thus when I went to draw a picture the other day, any talent and/or skill I may have had left me completely. I realized that if I actually intend to be good I need to draw every day and make it part of my morning routine. Much the same way that making coffee and checking my email, Facebook messages and YouTube account have become routine for me.

Speaking of YouTube, I am so addicted to it. I've been watching Vlogbrothers a lot and I am such a fan of them. They're just so super-nerdy and awesome that it hurts a little bit. They're very interesting, humorous, creative people and as we all know, that's my favorite kind of people.

DFTBA, NERD FIGHTERS!!!!!

(please watch Vlogbrothers if you want to understand that outburst)

Anyway, latesssss!

2 comments:

misstinerboo said...

eh, i know this may be totally random, but i was wondering.. i love your sketches, and i stumbled across the sketches you did for the two tattoos? the elephant blew me away. anyhow, if you had any spare time, would you possibly be able to sketch up something similiar? of a lion? and a lamb? but i like the style and the simplicity. it still looked dainty. this is a far cry out, so if you don't want to i completely understand. but it never hurts to ask!

Laura Nicole said...

Hey, I hope you see this here, because I'm not sure where else to put it.

I don't mind giving it a shot. I haven't worked on any design like that in a while, so it'd be refreshing to do .

Did you want the lion and lamb as two separate sketches or with them both together? If you can give me any specs as to what you would like, it'd be really helpful. Hopefully I'll be able to come up with something for you.

You can toss me an email at:
nerdy.ninja [at] me [dot] com
so that I get your message for sure.

Cheers!

 
Creative Commons License
The Nerdy Ninja Blog by Laura Nicole is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 Canada License.