Tuesday, September 18, 2007

"If I had a tail, it would be wagging"

6 shots. 30 seconds. 1 story. 1 short film.

Hard, but possible. And that is what makes it such fun.

I tell you, I am so excited for this video project right now that if I had a tail, it would be wagging like crazy. The only thing left to do is to come up with the story that I want to tell. I can't waste space - I only have 6 shots - all different - to tell it in. I think I may develop a story about a kid who really wants to eat a cookie. Or a brownie. Time to storyboard! My favourite part! You know, besides the screenwriting, cinematography and editing bits.

Other things:

I think I've figured out the heart thing in Illustrator, but I'll have to wait for class. I'm writing this during break, you see. I've managed to make it all stylized and pretty without having to break any curves, which is why I think I'm doing it incorrectly. But it looks good. Ish. The way I am doing it is thus:

Put down a point, pull up the bezier handle in the direction I want the first lump thing to go, lay down the point for the valley; hold down ALT and swing the bezier handle around so that it goes in the direction of the next lump. Then I do the right side of the heart, then lay down the bottom point and do the ALT swing thing again, to complete the left side of the heart and connect at the first point and round it out a bit. It takes a little moving around with the direct selection tool, and some tweaking, but it looks nice and symmetrical.

But still, is that the right way? Someone tell me, PLEASE.

OK, kids. Time to boogie.

Cheers!

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
The Nerdy Ninja Blog by Laura Nicole is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 Canada License.