Saturday, April 12, 2008

Hey! It Looks Like a Website Now!

As opposed to looking like a DVD menu, like it did before.

I can't believe that I've color branded myself with pinks and purples. I think I'm pretty much crazy. That is the only explanation for it. I plead temporary insanity.

But cool thing, I used GIMP for this project which is like an Open Source version of Photoshopola (sort of). I find the Mac version kind of annoying because everything is separate windows and I accidentally minimize things to my task bar thingee. And you have to double click the windows - one to activate the window and one to choose your tool or start painting or whatever.

But it gets the job done fairly well, and if you can't afford Photoshop (like me) it's a great altertnative.

See also, Inkscape, which is like an Open Source version of Illustrator and actually IS awesome. I didn't use it for this, but I've used it for other things and it's pretty great to use. Thought I'd just mention it anyway.

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
The Nerdy Ninja Blog by Laura Nicole is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 Canada License.