Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The Jellyfish



A song I wrote that was inspired by Maureen Johnson's novel Girl at Sea which is one of my favorite books ever. I think I've read it about 5 times despite having to read 50 different books this year.

Anyway, I sent the link to Maureen and then she Tweeted it:

I am pleased when I go away for a few hours and return to find that someone has written me a SONG: http://tinyurl.com/qs4ujp
I like writing songs for people. Even if it's a person I don't know but still admire. I think that if someone did that for me, it'd be nice to know that your work is appreciated and that it inspired another person to do something creative. And that's why I like writing songs for other people.

Check out Maureen here: http://www.maureenjohnsonbooks.com/ I especially love her blog posts. She's absolutely hilarious and such a clever writer.

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
The Nerdy Ninja Blog by Laura Nicole is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 Canada License.