Sunday, May 3, 2009

the launch of lauranicole.ca

For a few months, I had the address lauranicole.ca redirect to this blog, in lieu of putting up a real website. However, since graduation, it's occurred to me that I'll be needing to have an actual website upon which to host my portfolio and stuff. So I finally cracked and bought a hosting package and now if you go to lauranicole.ca you'll be directed to a page with a "coming soon" flash video on it and several links (one of them leading here).

If you visit that page you'll also notice that I've given myself a deadline to finish the thing: two weeks. And I'm really going to try to stick to that deadline and have the website all worked out in two weeks for its final launch onto the interwebs. It might also co-incide with the launch of my new live webcast show. I'm not sure.

On this blog I'm going to be posting some of my progress, including images, and links to resources that I have found to help me. So here's the first bit.

I used www.videocopilot.net to help me with the coming soon page. It's in a tutorial called "Disintegration" that's really super helpful. Though the lighting was my idea. I liked the way it looked like it was a light shining through water and the words were floating off into the murky depths...

Here's some stills of the "coming soon" animation:

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
The Nerdy Ninja Blog by Laura Nicole is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 Canada License.