Saturday, May 23, 2009

50 Book Challenge Update

This is just an update on how I'm doing with the 50 Books in One Year Challenge I set myself at the beginning of the year.

I'm doing pretty well, I'm almost half-way, which is good because we're almost half-way done with the year. This short entry is going to be followed by a list of books that I have already completed, then another list of books that I have started and need to finish reading and then a third list of books I have not started reading, but would like to read (either for the first time or again)

Please feel free to leave a comment or two (or send me a message on Twitter: @lauranicole) with book suggestions. Someone suggested Paper Towns by John Green in my previous post about the 50 Book Challenge, which I have already read, but I'm going to be re-reading. This challenge isn't necessarily about reading new books. It's about reading my favorites again as well.

50 Book Challenge - Books that I have finished reading (Kind of in order)

1. 13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson
2.
Girl at Sea by Maureen Johnson
3.
Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Paterson
4.
Key to the Golden Firebird by Maureen Johnson
5.
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by JK Rowling
6.
Stardust by Neil Gaiman
7.
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by JK Rowling
8.
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone by JK Rowling
9.
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by JK Rowling
10.
The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks by E Lockhart
11.
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by JK Rowling
12.
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by JK Rowling
13.
The Breadwinner by Deborah Ellis
14.
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by JK Rowling
15.
The Boy Next Door by Meg Cabot
16.
Every Boy's Got One by Meg Cabot
17.
Dedication by Emma McLaughlin and Nicola Kraus
18.
The Pixar Touch by David A. Price
19.
Suite Scarlett by Maureen Johnson
20.
Sophomore Switch by Abby McDonald

50 Book Challenge - Books I Would Like to Finish Reading

Inkheart by Cornelia Funke
Devilish by Maureen Johnson
YouTube: An Insider's Guide to Climbing the Charts by Alan Lastufka and Michael W. Dean
Mariel of Redwall by Brian Jacques
My Point ... And I Do Have One by Ellen DeGeneris
Brisingr by Christopher Paolini
Emma by Jane Austen
Catcher in the Rye by JD Salinger
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams
Remember Me? by Sophie Kinsella

50 Book Challenge - Books I Would Like to Read (For the First Time or Again)

The Subtle Knife by Philip Pullman
The Amber Spyglass by Philip Pullman
The Host by Stephenie Meyer
The Perfect Spy by John Le Carre
When Will Jesus Bring the Pork Chops? by George Carlin
The View From Castle Rock by Alice Munro
Paper Towns by John Green

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
The Nerdy Ninja Blog by Laura Nicole is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 Canada License.